.home.sweet.home.

The last few days I have caught myself daydreaming of the streets and places in my hometown of Subotica many times. More times than usual. And then it dawned on me: I must be homesick! Come to think of it, the last time we were home was at the beginning of May, and that was four months ago, and as Nina's passport doesn't seem to be anywhere near to being done, (thanks to the amazing efficiency of the Serbian Consulate in Budapest - so far we've been waiting for 8 weeks) it might yet be a while before we get to walk on Korzo (the walking street), and eat a good pljeskavica (Serbian equivalent of the hamburger).

Until then, I will have to be content with visiting the webpage of the city, and looking at pictures like this one...




p.s. I am aware that some of you who read this blog haven't been home in MUCH longer than me. Please know that I am in no way trying to compare my homesickness to what you might be experiencing (e.g. "the kifli-cravers" - you know who you are). Hats off to you! :)

3 comments:

Laci and Keri Németh said...

Szabadka rules...

Few days ago I was daydreaming of me standing on the Korzo, and was explaining to Lea, why is it sooo important to her dad to see every now and then the Varoshaza(cityhall)...

When GOD allows me to go to Subo... I will for sure try to make this daydream come true... :)

Lazo the daydreamer... :)

Gabi said...

:-)
Hát igen, vannak ilyen pillanataim nekem is...de nem baj...nemsokára irány a HAZA!!!
Na jó, még 3 hónap... :-) Az már nem is olyan sok...

Szóval, teljesen átérzem amit érzel :-)

Anna said...

I don't know who the kifli-cravers are but I do know a turorudi-craver. :-)