.meet.clotilde.

I love cooking and baking. I love collecting recipes. I could spend hours searching for and reading new recipes. I could spend hours in the cookbook section of bookstores. Part of me wishes that I could spend days on end just testing recipes, feeding them to large crowds (hopefully, appreciative ones), and then do some more cooking and baking.

Years ago I discovered that some recipe-sharing websites allow you to search by ingredient. So, since I had a bunch of zucchini on hand (it was their season) and was getting tired of sauteing them, I decided to do a search for that ingredient. And out came the recipe for zucchini chocolate cake. Intrigued by the name? So was I. So I gave it a shot. It has since become a family favorite, and I have become a pretty regular visitor of some of these websites, along with the one where this recipe came from. It was a link to a link to a link to here.

The writer of the blog is a young French woman, Clotilde Dusolier, whom I wish I could spend a week-end with, cooking and having gourmet fun. And then recently, my wonderful husband decided to buy me her book.


This book is amazing, and wonderful, and exactly how I think a cookbook should be, and exactly how I like cookbooks to be and the recipes, are - of course - oh, so interesting, and unusual but still doable and mouth-watering. I guess you could say that it's a cookbook after my own heart. If I were a kid, I would put it under my pillow at night for the next week or month or so. But I am not anymore, so I will instead soon try to make the Biscuits Trés Chocolat (Very Chocolate Cookies), or the Tarte Chocolat Caramel (Chocolate Caramel Tart), or the Cake Tomate Pistache et Chorizo (Tomato, Pistacho and Chorizo Loaf), or the ...

2 comments:

árpi said...

and i guess i will have to double the distance i run daily :) but hey, a happy wife is a happy wife!

Anna said...

Which one of these chocolate cakes are you bringing to Budapest next weekend? :-)