.events.of.a.day.

Two things made today memorable.

Around 11AM, Nina started getting really fussy. I mean, REEEAAAALLY. She is not a fussy child. But now she is drooling, she has a runny nose, she is crying for EVERYTHING, the whole deal. Pretty soon I knew that we are about to welcome a new tooth. Or two. (She has all eight of her incisors since last month, so the next step in teething are either the molars or the canines, all of which are much more painful than the incisors). After that, the poor little one's whole day was just miserable, she even has a little fever. We hope the tooth comes out fast, and we get our sweet, even-tempered daughter back.

The other thing is, that this afternoon, I killed 18 (yes, eighteen) wasps by one of our living-room windows. They were all the same exact size, and the funny thing is that no window had been open the whole time. So we finally figured out that their "mom" must have flown in in the fall and layed the eggs somewhere in the wood (part of the wall is covered with wood) under the window, and now they are all coming out. Really weird thing, but there is simply no other explanation to this phenomenon. So while Nina is sleeping now, I sprayed every crack I could find. I honestly hope and pray that this will not be a lasting problem, as I really don't want Nina to be stung by a wasp on top of everything else. Or ever at all.

And that's all I wanted to share about today with you, dear readers. Have a good night, y'all. Special love to all our Texan friends (wherever y'all live at the moment).

4 comments:

Anna said...

No special love to the Californian friends, dude and dudettes?

You're a hero for killing so many wasps in one day!!!

Anonymous said...

EIGHTEEN WASPS! Grozno!

That's comparable to the amount of flies one can find in Sarajevo inside at any given moment.

Maybe it's preparation for Sarajevo...I mean, come on, no coincidences, right?

Hooray for Nina almost being done with teething. I would be tired of it at this point as well.

I love y'all. Thanks for the Texas hello.

andi said...

Dear Californians,

Special love will be sent to you in a future post. I was just in the mood for finishing my post with "y'all", so I couldn't pass up the opportunity.
Watch out, OC-dwellers! Love is coming your way! :)

Ági said...

Have y'all:) thought about putting up a time ruler (lillypie.com or alike), just that we could follow up on Nina's age. I can't remember when she was born.