.grbavica.

In my previous post I mentioned that not much interesting has been going on.

Well, I did forget to mention one thing. We recently watched a film that deeply touched us, and that we warmly recommend to everyone. It is called Grbavica (the name of a Sarajevo suburb), and was directed by Jasmila Zbanic, a young director whose name I am sure we will hear more and more in the future, as she has already won numerous awards with this film.

The film itself is about life in post-war Sarajevo, Bosnia (the place in which we are praying to be able to serve the Lord in the future). It paints a very good, and realistic picture of life there these days. Do not watch it if you want to relax and something to laugh at. However, DO watch it if you want your life to be touched by a beautifully made, and wonderfully acted movie that tells the story of a people who have suffered so much.

The official website will tell you a bit more about it ...

4 comments:

Laci and Keri Németh said...

ME STUPID.
When I was in Sarajevo, I could have bought the DVD... My excuse was the price... but I should have sacraficed the money

Lazo von Stupid

andi said...

Dear Lazo,

I know someone who is planning on going to Sarajevo in April. :) If you give them the money, maybe they will pick it up for you.
All you need to do, is ask nicely :)

Andi von your sister

Laci and Keri Németh said...

pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz

Anna said...

Andi, the link to the Grbavica website doesn't work. I did find it using google but you might want to fix the link. :-)

We miss you guys so much! Nina is adorable!!!