Hormones and Insomnia

It is now 3:45AM, and I am still up. Again. I have been trying to get back to sleep since I woke up at 1:30AM, but to no avail. Have read, checked the news on the internet, tried all the sides of the bed, and still nothing. The most frustrating part of it is that next to me, Arpi has been sleeping like a baby, and that makes me so jealous. Not much I can do about it though.

So, I decided to post a quick update of what is going on with us. We are now officially less than two weeks away from moving and the “living amongst boxes” experience started for real last night. The interesting thing was that we got home (from visiting our folks in Subotica) in the afternoon, and I went to take a nap. When i woke up, I was shocked to find out that someone had disassembled our living room! In the midst of the half-filled boxes and moved around furniture stood my wonderful husband, with a smile on his face. It was that smile he gets when he is in the middle of a project, it’s all going well, and he has a sense of accomplishment.
Until a day later (Sunday afternoon) I wasn’t sure exactly why, but I wasn’t sharing in his smile. Just couldn’t. And then it hit me. A flood of tears came over me as I was packing up the bathroom and waddled (32 weeks pregnant, don’t forget that aspect!) around with a sponge and a dust-cloth: this feels like there was no warning whatsoever! Ohmygosh! We really are moving! Ohmygosh, a month after the move I will be a mom! How exactly do I do that? I don’t know! Needless to say, as the tears started flowing, I ran to Arpi who had no idea what could have possibly transpired in the bathroom (it seemed like a pretty safe place until now) that made me cry so hysterically. I filled him in, and as usual, he comforted me, and was able to bring back some reason to my hormonal mind. Until those same hormones woke me up a while ago.

Speaking of which, I will go back again, and try to sleep once more.
Good night y’all!

3 comments:

lu said...

szia Andi,

fogalmam sincs milyen terhesnek lenni ugyebár, de költözni már költöztem, nagyon is sokszor, szoval i hear ya:-) csak azt akartam mondani, hogy gondolok rátok, kitartás:-) És gondolom látlak titeket a foundation konferencián.
God bless

Laci and Keri Németh said...

Insomnia??? OOOOOOh you would fit prefectly into Vukovar... Here because of PTSD most of our church members have it.
So if you need pro help. thay can give it to you. :)

Lazo von vukovaren, who slowly is getting this infection of PTSD and Insomnia here...

liv said...

hey, Andi, i just came to encourage you from Proverbs 31....just teasing you! you are doing a great job! it is not too much left, hang in there!