Cactus

I have recently discovered that I have been uniquely gifted in a specific area of life. The discovery itself is actually quite disappointing, as all the women in my family who have gone before me (my mom, and both my grandmas) have NOT been this way.

Here's the thing: I can kill cacti! You are probably aware of the fact that cacti are plants which are considered to be virtually impossible to kill - which is why they survive so well in the desert. Well, I managed to do the impossible!

As I have mentioned, this is made further dreadful by the fact that people have often asked my mom what she does with her plants to make them look as beautiful and lush as they are ... and she has got A LOT of them!

The garden of my paternal grandmother was for years somewhat of a local place of interest. People would stop in front of her house and discuss the beauties of each and every unique and rare flower and plant that decorated her front yard ... (My grandma is too old now to still be able to work as much as she used to in her garden, but I must admit that her garden is still much more beautiful than my balcony with my three little plants ...)

Anyway, here's the proof of my unique talent:


Notice the cool looking beautiful green wreath around the dead cactus. You know why it looks so nice and green? Because it's FAKE!

So, the mistery remains. Nobody knows how I ended up an offspring of such a horticulturally gifted family ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm, amikor én megöltem a szülinapi kaktuszom, ami Németországból jött (és AZT túlélte), depis voltam hetekig. Most van egy futó növényem, egy kaktuszom, egy bazi nagy nemtudommim és négy rózsám...I trust the Lord:P szóval ne add fel Andi, imázom érted;-)

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe....ez jó volt! gyanús is volt, hol az a kaktusz...

Anonymous said...

Szia Andi!
Örülök, hogy rátaláltam a blogodra/blogotokra. Rakok is linket az enyémre, tetszik ahogy, amiket írsz :) És igazán megnyugtató, hogy nem csak én vagyok az, akinek a névnapi növénye már a hazafelé úton szétfagy és utána sunnyoghatok az üres cseréppel. Hát, erre csak annyit, hogy anyukám is hasonlóan kezdte, de mostanra már totál kikupálódott és zöld-sarka a lakás éke. Lehet ez nálad is majd korral jön, nem szocializációval?!? Sok puszi, a budapesti golgotából

Paige Biggs said...

How's the Basil plant hanging in there? I can get you another one when I get back to Pecs. :)