What is man?

So what’s been up with us? Well, I finished an extremely busy and draining semester with my students at the language school. This is probably the busiest I have been since I’ve been teaching there. Thankfully, starting in September I should only have half of the load that I had this past semester. That should help me to actually have a life.

We attended two really good conferences these last few weeks, and the Lord showed me a bunch of stuff, and did a huge amount of work in my heart, but there was one theme that stuck out to me, that touched me in a major way. It’s nothing new and revolutionary, but it was fresh for me. The Psalmist wrote it down a long time ago in

Psalms 8:4
What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?

The last night of the Southern Hungary Calvary Chapels’ conference, we had an extended time of worship and prayer. I was sitting in the back, and watched virtually every single person (around 150 attended) in the auditorium go out to ask for prayer regarding something in their lives. All of a sudden it occurred to me that what has become somewhat “normal” and “everyday-ish” to me is in fact an amazing thing. That those people were standing up and going out there because Almighty God, the Creator of everything had spoken to them. He had touched their hearts and they were responding.
What a miracle that is! The fact that He, YHWH would care enough about us to touch our hearts, to change our hearts, and then He even made it possible for us to respond, to answer, to communicate with Him…this should never stop amazing us.

No comments: